This is my first #pitchwars and I’m really excited. Lana Pattinson has created a #pimpmybio blog hop to help mentees and mentors get to know one another. Here’s my entry! I hope to make new friends and meet fellow authors through this. Consider this my application for friendship.
My novel: Blood and Ether
Stargate meets Queen of the Damned. Young Adult Science Fiction/Fantasy.
17 year old Clea enlists her uniquely qualified friends in an alien rebellion against their will. They must join forces against the vampyric god-king of Nibiru, an ancient Sumerian-like world, before he destroys the planet and humanity along with it – if only they could stop bickering amongst themselves. When the entire rebel army is slaughtered, it’s up to three teenagers from Earth and a one-eyed general to assassinate a god. No pressure.
Characters and Setting
Photo credits at bottom of page
- I love comic books. Batman is my favorite hero, but Preacher is my favorite graphic novel.
- Star Wars vs. Star Trek is a silly argument because both are awesome. Empire Strikes Back is my favorite movie.
- I love Ren Faires and mead.
- I’m a metal head and have played guitar/sang in several bands (check out some of my music here).
- My favorites bands are: Pink Floyd, Fugazi, Iron Maiden, Mastodon, Baroness, Madder Mortem, and sometimes Nightwish.
- I also love to draw and paint, though admittedly, that’s taken a backseat to my writing (check out some of my art).
- I’m a web designer/developer at my day job.
- Red Dwarf and Rick and Morty are tied for my favorite TV show. Oh, and Star Trek TNG. And Farscape. And Firefly. Game of Thrones. OK I’ll stop.
Friend me on Goodreads (if you are so inclined) and you’ll always know what I’m up to, but here’s a list of my favorite books/poems. I’ve tried to rank them but I reserve the right to change this at any time!
- Preacher – Garth Ennis
- V for Vendetta – Alan Moore
- 1984 – George Orwell
- The Marriage of Heaven and Hell – William Blake
- Fight Club – Chuck Palahniuk
- The Name of the Wind – Patrick Rothfuss
- Vicious – V.E. Schwab
- The Boys – Garth Ennis
- Six of Crows – Leigh Bardugo
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
Recent Reads I <3'd
Why pick me?
Because I work my ass off. I can handle criticism. I want what is best for my book and I will do what it takes to get published. I’m patient, and I will put in the work. I’m passionate about my characters and believe in my story, but I know I’m not perfect and am still learning.
What I’m looking for in a Mentor
Someone that loves science fiction, fantasy, the occult, and someone who won’t be freaked out by black magic and vampire aliens. Yes – Ancient Sumerian vampire aliens. I don’t want someone to read my MS and freak out like Buffy’s mom in that episode where Buffy’s mom and principal shut down Giles’ whole operation and take his books away because they’re afraid of the occult. If you’re squeamish about that sort of stuff, I don’t think we’d be a good fit. But we can still be friends (plz I’m so alone).
Lastly and most importantly … cats
These are my babies.
Photo credits from the Characters and Settings graphic: